So, now that we are into the summer months, we thought it timely for some Frozen Dog Treats! I’m sure many of us have thrown our dogs an ice cube or two, but why not be more adventurous and have some frozen treats prepared in your freezer ready for those particularly hot days.
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up! This week’s recipe is Watermelon, courtesy of Michelle Taylor.
- 2 cups seedless watermelon (pureed)
- 1 cup coconut water or milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Scoop out watermelon – it must be seedless. Add to blender and puree until smooth
- Add coconut water / milk and honey to blender and pureed watermelon. Blend well.
- Pour into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap or bag to avoid spillage (or you can buy cool silicone moulds)
- Freeze overnight
- Remove from tray and let sit on counter for a few minutes to loosen the frozen treat.
- Twist tray to remove treat from mold.