Fancy making some tasty fish cakes to use as training treats for your dog? Your dog will love them and work really hard for you!
- 1 lb granary or wholemeal flower (or mix the two or use 2 ounces oat bran to make up the weight).
- A glug of oil (preferable olive oil)
- 3 eggs
- 1 large can pilchards in tomatoes (or sardines if you prefer)
- A glug of milk to make the mixture into a cake-like consistency
- Give all the ingredients a good whiz in the food processor, until it is a cake-like consistency adding more milk or oil if needed.
- Put the mixture into a 8-inch microwave dish and microwave on high for 10-14 mins.
- It should be firm and rubbery. If it’s a bit wet on the outside bake it in the oven for 5 mins to dry it out.
- When cool cut into small treat size pieces.
- Divide into 3 and put 2/3 in the freezer it will last for several training sessions.
- Out of the freezer in the fridge it should remain fresh for 5-7 days.
Stay tuned for lots of delicious treats
We hope your dog enjoys this week’s recipe. Please feel free to share your own – write to us HERE! Check out more Tuesday Dog Treats recipes HERE, and see our Training Events Schedule HERE and grab a 20% discount off ALL training. Yes, that’s right – 20% off all training booked before midnight GMT 16 March.