This week’s recipe comes from Kelly Murrell – it is a super simple recipe using just sweet potato and sardines. The mixture will be large enough to stuff more than one kong and can remain in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- 3 x sweet potatoes
- 1 x tin of sardines in spring water
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks.
- Put the sweet potatoes on to boil, cook until they have gone soft.
- Strain the sweet potatoes and mash them
- Open the tin of sardines and strain excess liquid.
- Add to sweet potato mash and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff kong or hoof with the mixture and freeze.
Featured image by Mel Taylor Photography