Wouldn’t it be great to feel and look younger than your years? Did you know that this is something we all have within our control? We can reprogramme our body, our genes… and rejuvenate ourselves.
Here are my Top Tips to get started:
Keep a Daily Health Diary – you can record everything: weight, what you eat or drink, how you feel that day, how much you sleep, whether you exercise, what meds you take (if any), blood pressure, etc. This is a fab way to keep a record of everything, which in turn helps you to become more aware of patterns, what foods suit you (or not).
Eat Yourself Younger – this is nothing new, nothing you haven’t heard before. Basic advice is to eat mostly plant based foods. Or try a ketogenic diet to reduce your carb intake.
Go for green veg at least twice a day. This could be in the form of salads, or cooked greens. You could also try a green health drink, which would be a great way of pushing up your green intake!
- Make sure you have oily fish such as mackerel or salmon at least once a week. I love to bake in the oven, with a selection of herbs, spices, sauces on top.
- Drink plenty of filtered water, up to 8 glasses a day.
- Take a probiotic daily – a great way to maintain a healthy gut.
- Use only beneficial fats such as olive oil, flax seed oil, rapeseed oil and coconut oil.
Practice fasting – try the 5:2 diet, or even easier, make sure you wait between 12-18 hours between your evening meal and breakfast the next day. Ayurveda teaches that if you want to free yourself of disease, then fast. Whilst I don’t necessarily believe that one rules suits all, try it for yourself and see if it helps. Please be super careful if you are a diabetic. Fasting may not work for you. Make sure you check with your Doctor first.
Make sure you keep active – what is it you enjoy doing? If you haven’t already tried it, Yoga or Pilates will offer you plenty of stretching exercises which help with all aspects of your life. And you feel so good afterwards!
Walking, jogging, dance classes – the list is huge. Just take your pick of what you enjoy rather than what you think will give you the best work out. If you enjoy it, you will stick at it!
Take good care of your skin – do you have a daily routine, or is it more hit and miss?
- Cleanse well, not with a soap based product but with an oil or cream based one. Wipe off gently with a damp flannel.
- Have you tried any of the daily serum treatments around? or facial oils? These are great for your skin, and they feel so good, and smell divine!
- Use a gentle make up base, or a light foundation. This will help to protect your skin, but make sure you remove it at night, and cleanse well.
- Protect your skin from any harmful sun rays. Use a mineral based sunscreen especially on the sensitive skin on your face.
Relax, relax, relax – You need plenty of relaxation time, this is most important, and is crucial to your well being. Take time out to breathe deeply, meditate and rest up. Set aside some time in your diary, or it may end up being overlooked.
Read more Monday Motivation blogs HERE
Help to stay motivated – come and stay with us in our beautiful cottage apartments and make the most of our fantastic onsite training facilities, nestled on the outskirts of Dartmoor National Park.