It is handy to have a variety of frozen treats prepared in your freezer ready for those particularly hot days – this week’s pineapple mango flavour is yummy – courtesy of Michelle Taylor.
- 250ml Coconut Milk
- ½ Pineapple
- 1 Mango
- Wash mango under cold running water. Slice the mango into cubes ensuring to remove all the skin and stone. Ensure the stone is discarded entirely as a swallowed mango stone can get stuck in a dog’s digestive tract.
- Wash pineapple under cold running water. Roughly slice the pineapple into small pieces, ensuring to cut off and discard the skin, central core and ends.
- Combine coconut milk, mango and pineapple pieces in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen through.
- When frozen, remove from ice cube trays and store in labeled Ziploc bags in freezer.
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up!