Enjoy this 3 mile moderate dog friendly walk at the Parke Estate, located on the outskirts of the market town of Bovey Tracey. Approx. 40 minute drive from Bowerland.
- From the National Trust car park at Parke, walk down the tarmac track past the information board, signposted National Trust Dartmoor Office.
- You will see to your left an orchard filled with apple trees.
- There is also a walled garden, if you can, try to look through the doorway.
- Then continue past the offices on your right and along the path.
Walk over the bridge at Parke
- Then turn left and follow the signs for riverside walks.
- You will go through a field into a woodland area.
- Walk on via a raised wooden walkway to the river.
- You will go past a medieval weir, and then head further up the river.
Turn left at this point to cross the River Bovey
- Once you on the other side turn left again into Blackmoor Copse.
- Continue through the woodland area, a great spot for a game with your dog!
- There is nothing better than kicking up your heels and keeping a look out for beech nuts and conkers.
Turn right on to the National Trust Estate track
- Continue past their offices on your left, and then back up the tarmac track to the car park.
- This should take you about 1.5 hours.