This week it’s getting a bit fishy… We’re making mackerel treats! These are super easy to make and a great cheap alternative to expensive dog training treats. A great thing about these tasty treats is that you can freeze them in ‘training session-sized’ portions and save for later!
So here’s what you need:
- 400g tinned fish (I used mackerel but sardines, pilchards or tuna will do the trick!)
- 2 eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 60ml water
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand or with a food processor or blender
- Spoon on to the baking tray and smooth over with the back of the spoon or spatula.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, chop into small bite-sized chunks ready for your next training session!
Stay tuned for lots of delicious treats
Featured image by Molly Bridge