How do you look after yourself? Do you treat yourself the same way as you treat your close friends and family, with kindness and care? Or do you ignore your own needs? Do you plod on regardless, never giving yourself a break? Or do you put your feet up and relax when you feel tired? Changing your mindset will adjust how you see and feel about yourself and you will start to look after your own needs better.
My Top Tips:
- Live in the present – keep your mind in the present – don’t look back to the past with regrets or feel anxious about the future.
- Take regular time out for yourself (every day if possible). This time is just for you to sit and relax or reflect on the day. Furthermore, one way of settling your mind is to meditate, or just simply sit, relax and breathe consciously.
- Write through your issues or problems. Start a journal and write something every day. It need only be for 10 minutes, as long as it is regular.
- Go out into the fresh air, visit the countryside or seaside if you can. We are fortunate here at Bowerland, there are so many beautiful spots on Dartmoor.
- Start something new. Now and again it is good to do something different, something that you have thought about but not yet given it a go.
- Meet up with a friend, if only for a quick cuppa and a chat. We need to connect with people – it is how we function.
Finally, once you get into the routine of looking after yourself in this way, by giving yourself this time, whether you follow any of the above tips, or whether you have personal tips of your own, you will find yourself looking forward to it every day.
Read more Monday Motivation blogs HERE
Help to stay motivated – come and stay with us in our beautiful cottage apartments and make the most of our fantastic onsite training facilities, nestled on the outskirts of Dartmoor National Park.