Liver Cake is the perfect treat for dog training – dogs love it! Better than anything you can buy, except perhaps raw meat. Use it soft, as it is when first cooked, or bake it a second time in tiny chunks until it is like hard kibble – this way it keeps very well in a sealed container and it is easy to use. If you make a lot of liver cake, a powerful food processor like a Magi-mix is a great help.
- 500g kilo liver
- 500g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp oil
- milk to mix
- bunch of chopped parsley (optional)
- Mince up the liver in food processor.
- Add garlic, flour, eggs, oil and milk and mix until you have consistency of thick batter.
- Add optional parsley and mix lightly.
- Pour into a large oiled tray so it makes a thin layer and bake in a medium oven until cooked.
- Allow to cool and chop into small pieces.
- Use like this, or bake again in a very low oven until hard.