The weather is beautiful here in Devon and we’re enjoying being out in the sun! It can be a great time to get out and about with your dogs, but it is also very important to remember that they are affected by the heat just like us! Here are some top tips for keeping your dogs cool when the temperature heads up…
- Take your walks out of the heat of the day – early morning and late evening walks are best to keep out of the sun. Think about where you walk too – grass is cooler than pavement or road surfaces.
- Never leave your dog in a hot car, not even for a few minutes. It’s better to leave them at home than risk leaving them in the car.
- Make a doggy paddling pool! A great way to cool day and very easy to do – this can help your dog to keep cool outside.
- Make sure there’s plenty of cool water available for your dog, top up with ice cubes through the day.
- Use frozen Kongs to feed your dog – they are a great way of making sure your dog eats in the heat and cools them down too! Find out more here.
Check out more of our Thursday Training Tips HERE And see our Events calendar HERE. Visit our website for more info on ways we can help: www.devondogs.co.uk or email us HERE, if you have any questions.