Recipe courtesy of Turmeric Life. Turmeric is a fabulous natural anti-inflammatory. I add a small amount of golden paste to our dog’s daily food to aid in the care of joints. You can also use this paste for yourself! It has also been used in the treatment of cancer pain, etc.
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup raw unrefined cold pressed coconut oil
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the turmeric and water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until you have a thick paste.
- This should take 7-10 minutes and you may need to add in additional water along the way.
- At the end of cooking, when the turmeric and water mixture has cooled down to just warm, add the freshly ground pepper and coconut oil.
- Stir well to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
- The golden paste will keep refrigerated for 2 weeks.
Featured image by Kelly Murrell