Continuing our summer season of frozen dog treats, this week’s fab recipe is courtesy of Michelle Taylor. Just simple wholesome ingredients to help cool down your dog.
- 2 cups of plain natural yogurt
- 220g of chicken liver
- splash of water
- 1 teaspoon of ground anise
- few good shakes of antler powder
- Place your chicken liver in the microwave and cook (about 2 minutes, but depends on the power of your microwave)
- Pop your chicken liver in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add the yogurt, anise, antler powder and a splash of water
- Stir until thoroughly combined. If it’s too thick, add a little more water.
- Carefully fill each compartment of your ice-cube tray
- Pop in the freezer for a couple of hours, depending on the size of your cubes.
- Release only the amount of cubes from your tray that you will be serving to your dog immediately.
- Pop the rest of the unused cubes in a labelled freezer bag.
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up!