It is handy to have a variety of frozen treats prepared in your freezer ready for those particularly hot days – this week’s recipe is frozen tuna courtesy of Michelle Taylor.
- One or more tins of Tuna in brine, depending on quantity you are making
- A splash of water
- Use tuna in brine
- Don’t drain the tin as the water helps with the freezing process.
- Add a little more water.
- Beat well in a bowl or pop it in a blender.
- Freeze into ice cube trays or silicone mould.
- Release only the amount of cubes from your tray that you will be serving to your dog immediately.
- Pop the rest of the unused cubes in a labelled freezer bag.
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up!
Featured image by National Marine Sanctuaries | Public domain | via Wikimedia