This week’s frozen apple recipe comes courtesy of www.irresistiblepets.net. Made from just apples, yoghurt and water, they are a fab cooling treat for your dogs on hot days! No cooking is involved!! These treats are delicious, healthy and easy to make.
- 2 Apples
- 1 Cup Greek Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- Food blender
- Ice Cube Tray, or shaped silicone moulds
- Measuring Cups
- Cutting Board
- Slice 2 apples into small pieces but remove the seeds and the core.
- Mix the apple slices, yogurt, and a splash of water in your blender and blend until you get a liquid consistency.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze for a few hours or until hard.
- We recommend only feeding your dog one “cube” at a time.
- You can put the left over treats into a Tupperware container and store them in the freezer.
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up!