How do we go about creating our own Oasis? A good place to start is to think about what makes us happy – what fills us with joy? And then include any thoughts about anything you always wanted to do but have either been too afraid or something has held you back. Are there any dreams, or needs of your own that you have pushed away? It doesn’t have to be life changing huge events, in fact the things that bring most people joy are very often the smallest pleasures in life.
What do I want? To be honest, a good start would be to be happy in my own head in my own company with myself. To have the ability to look within, and gather my own strengths. To have a true life vision.
It is all down to choice. What are you choosing to do with your life? Do you believe that you use your time wisely, or do you think that you fritter it away? Do you choose the right thing for you or the right thing for others? Your choices can change everything. After all, it’s up to you. It is all in your hands. Your life is what you make it. You are the driver of your own life, and as you journey through, you have choices about which paths to take.
A few Ideas
Here are some ideas that I hope will spark some joy for you in your search for your own Oasis. Start small and trust that the momentum will build and develop:
- Family/Friends – communication with others, meeting up for treats perhaps lunch/coffee etc. Sharing time with people that lift your spirit
- Gardening – once you start to enjoying gardening, there are plenty of interesting things do and enjoy all year long
- Season Changes – enjoying each season as it appears, appreciate the differences, embrace the changes
- Countryside & Seaside – being out in the open, enjoying the views, the fresh air, the feeling of space all around you
- Interests and Hobbies – what inspires your imagination? It’s good to have a mix of hobbies. Think about learning something new, it will stop you from feeling bored or stagnated
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. ~ Dalai Lama
When you create your own Oasis, you make choices that are best for you. The people you pick up along the way can influence your life, but you still remain in control. It is important to let go of what doesn’t work, and have a leap of faith to move forward and embrace any new experiences, people, and energy that is there right in front of you.
Happiness is a state of mind that we create from within ourselves and the only thing that really matters is that we look back over our lives with belief that our days were filled with joy and peace. Our hearts are the oasis!
Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.
Help to stay motivated – come and stay with us in our beautiful cottage apartments and make the most of our fantastic onsite training facilities, nestled on the outskirts of Dartmoor National Park.
Photo by Matt Rouse