This is a lovely, easy walk that should take you about 35-40 minutes. It is very picturesque, especially in the bluebell season in April/May time. I suggest you take a flask with you, and really enjoy the beautiful colours, and fragrance of the bluebells. They are a sight to behold! Driving directions from Bowerland – HERE.
- Take the road to Okehampton, turn right opposite Betty Cottles towards Meldon Quarry.
- Cross the A30 and park in a space on the right.
- Walk across the road and up the footpath through the woods.
- At the viaduct, go down the steps and cross the road.
- Go down the track opposite on your left, though the gate and follow the river to the bridge on your right.
- Cross the bridge, and turn right, pass Meldon Pool, through the gate and along until you see a small path and gate on your right, going back into the woods.
- Follow the path to the bridge, go over the bridge, turn left and follow the path back to your vehicle.
Featured image by Mel Taylor