This is a moderate 3.5 mile circular beach walk, with absolutely stunning views. Just over an hour’s drive from Bowerland on the South Devon Coast. Map
Starting at the Bantham Beach car park
- Follow the main track past the lifeguard hut. Go through a kissing gate onto the coast path signed for Thurlestone.
- You will be able to follow the path alongside the golf course past Broad Sands and Yarmouth Sands. At the point when you reach Leasfoot Sands, go left by the beach safety sign.
- Then past the golf clubhouse, turning left onto the road up to Thurlestone. When you reach the war memorial leave the road and continue straight along a track. This track is signposted Public Footpath Bantham ¾ mile.
- In front of you beyond the church, you will see a stone stile. Cross over the stone stile and follow the path across the fields. You will be going on a steep drop down to the bottom of the valley. When you reach the stile that has a large granite block at its base, cut across the field going diagonally to the left. You then need to climb over another stile onto the path and into Bantham.
- When you reach the Sloop Inn turn left, and follow the road back to the car park. Or alternatively, stop there and have a well earned rest, perhaps a swift half a pint, or even stop for lunch if you have time. You could also visit Bantham Stores which has a small coffee shop, and is 100 meters up the hill through the village from the Sloop Inn.