For dogs with a sweet tooth, this week’s Apple & Sweet Potato Treats recipe from allrecipes.com. They are incredibly easy to make and your dog will love them!
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 175ºC
- Prick sweet potato several times and heat in microwave on high until tender, about 6 mins.
- Cut sweet potato in half and scoop flesh out of the skin into a bowl; discard skin.
- Mash sweet potato with a fork or potato masher and transfer about 1 cup to a large bowl.
- Save any remaining sweet potato for another use.
- Mix whole wheat flour, applesauce, and eggs in the large bowl with the sweet potato until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a well-floured surface and roll dough to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or cut dough into strips with a pizza cutter.
- Arrange cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.