If you’re lucky enough to have an apple tree in your garden, you may still have an abundance of apples in a root cellar or other storage, If not, this is an easy recipe an easy recipe that you can treat your dog to with shop-bought apples!
What you’ll need:
- No really, that’s it!
How to Prepare:
- Peel, core and half the apples.
- Then thinly slice, as thin as you can go. A mandolin is useful for this is you have one.
Turning them Crunchy:
- If you have a dehydrator, spread the apple pieces out on the trays and dehydrate for 12 hours approx.
- For oven baking, spread out on a parchment lined baking tray and bake on a VERY low heat until the pieces have dried out.
- The apples should be crunchy and break easily when they are ready.
Featured image by Scott Bauer, USDA | Public domain | via Wikimedia Commons