This week’s recipe is shared by Michelle Taylor – apple and sausage pyramid pan treats. Apples are in abundance this time of year, and it is super easy to make your own puree. Yummy!
- 50g cooked sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of apple sauce/puree
- 60g gluten-free flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cook sausage if not already cooked
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender and blend to make a thick batter
- Smooth mixture over your baking mat and bake for approximately 15mins or until crispy.
- Once cooled cut into treat-sized pieces and store in a container in the fridge.
- Don’t forget these treats can also be frozen and defrosted later on for your training sessions!
It’s a super easy recipe using a ‘Pyramid Pan’ or similar silicone baking mat. The great thing about these mats is that they raise up whatever is cooking so fat drains away and it allows air to circulate more freely for crispy, evenly cooked results – perfect for crispy dog treats!
Featured image by Mel Taylor Photography